CHRISTMAS ROCKY ROAD
(makes about 20 pieces)
400g (14oz) milk or plain chocolate
150g (5oz) unsalted butter, diced
150g (5oz) mini marshmallows
150g (5oz) digestive biscuits, roughly crushed
75g (3oz) mixed milk and white chocolate Maltesers
50g (2oz) toasted hazelnuts
4 tbsp Bonne Maman Berries & Cherries Conserve
- Lightly oil a tin that measures 18x18cm (7x7in), then line with a sheet of clingfilm. Break the chocolate into a medium bowl and add the butter. Sit the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Leave to melt for 10-15min.
- When both have melted, stir quickly together until smooth. Add all the remaining ingredients, except the conserve.
- Spoon one third of the chocolate mixture into the prepared tin then dot the surface with half the conserve.
- Then, spoon half the remaining mixture into the tin and dot with the remaining conserve.
- Finish with a layer of chocolate mixture. Level the surface and cover with cling film. Chill overnight.
- Turn out the rocky road and cut into bite-size chunks.
To freeze: chill, pack and freeze at the end of step 5.
To use: thaw overnight in the fridge.
Recipe from: Bonne Maman – The Seasonal Cookbook (Simon & Schuster), available through Amazon, WH Smith and Waterstones @ £12.99.
For more delicious recipes visit the Bonne Maman website at www.bonnemaman.co.uk.