The kitchen is definitely the most important room for a lot of potential buyers. How can your kitchen help your property to sell quickly and for a better price?
- New appliances – Investing in new kitchen appliances can, of course, be costly. But it is definitely worth it, as they will bring in high returns from sellers. This screams new kitchen and will make you much more money when it comes to selling your home.
- Stain dated cabinets – Are your kitchen cabinets looking somewhat dated? If so, do not feel you have to replace them. You can simply update them with some stain.
- Add unexpected touches - A unique piece of art or a kitchen rug can be a unique and unexpected finishing touch, which sets your kitchen apart. Kitchen rugs should be chosen carefully but when you get it right, it can create the cosy and homely vibe people are looking for.
- Invest in granite countertops – If you can afford to have granite countertops installed in your kitchen, you definitely should. Similarly to new appliances, you can expect to make a lot more money. Your kitchen is definitely the room that is worth investing in if you are to reap higher returns.
- Resurface your dishwasher – Stainless steel appliances are a massive hit. However, not everyone can afford to replace his or her current dishwasher with a brand new stainless steel one. And, the good news is, you don’t have to! You can resurface your current one. Clean the front panels and then apply a stainless steel stick on covering.
Reasons why you should update your home with vinyl tile
All sellers want an update that is going to upgrade their home without their bank balance having to suffer! That update is vinyl tiles! Vinyl tiles are ideal if you are seeking a low-cost yet highly effective way to add the wow factor to your home and help it sell.
If you take a look on the Internet you will see that you have plenty of designs to choose from and you certainly won’t have to spend fortunes! But don’t waste your cash – choose a style of vinyl with care! If you get it wrong, you can actually make your home look cheaper.
When laying vinyl tiles it is recommended that you create a natural and classy feel. The best way to do this is to switch the direction and the placement of the tiles. By doing this you will mix the tone and this will make your home look more stylish. It can be tempting to lay in patterns that are rigid and orderly. However, this is out-dated and can actually have a negative effect on the property.
Finally, whilst vinyl tiles may be cheap in cost, you certainly don’t want them to look cheap! Slate effect vinyl tiles look much better than going for a black and white squared design. This can look good in some kitchens, but it is a massive risk to take and very taste-specific.
So there you have it; some of the different approaches you can use to upgrade your kitchen and boost the value of your home.