Love them or hate them no Christmas meal is complete without sprouts. This delicious spicy version will convert even the most determined
Total Prep Time: 20 mins
- 500g Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and finely shredded
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 4 drops Ginger Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Garlic Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Turmeric Spice Drops®
- 4 drops Cumin Seed Spice Drops®
- 2-3 drops Red Chilli Spice Drops®
- ½ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground coriander seed powder
- 1 tbsp. of cooking oil
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter or oil
- Salt to taste
- A handful of dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp. of finely chopped coriander leaves
A large non-stick frying pan to stir fry
Heat a large non-stick frying pan and when smoking, add 1 tbsp. of cooking oil.
Add the cumin seeds and lower the heat so that they don’t burn. Add the onions and fry on low heat till lightly brown.
Stir in the Brussels sprouts and add the salt, pepper, ground coriander and about 2 tbsps. of water.
Cook for about 10 minutes on low flame. Stir occasionally until the Brussels sprouts are just tender but have a bit of bite, stir in all the Spice Drops® and butter, then check for seasoning.
Garnish with cranberries and chopped coriander leaves (optional). Another option is to add some roasted coconut pieces as a garnish.
Take control of Christmas this year and save precious time with Spice Drops® available from Sainsbury’s, Whole Food Markets, Ocado, Amazon and www.holylama.co.uk for £4.00 per bottle (except Saffron).