Brownie tin (29cmx19cmx4cm)
162 g sifted cake flour
half tablespoon (5g) baking powder
half teaspoon (3.5g) salt
113g butter, softened
200g granulated sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
120ml milk (room temperature)
120ml Waitrose Alfonso Mango, Passion Fruit & Yuzu coulis
Ice cream (optional) – we love vanilla, white chocolate or coconut sorbet
- Preheat oven to 350° F (177° C).
- Line the brownie tin with parchment paper
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. I
- In another large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Continue beating 1 minute.
- Pour into prepared brownie tin.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
- Cover the baked sponge with 20ml of the coulis and allow to cool for 15 minutes on
- Generously cover the sponge the remaining 120ml of coulis and cover the baking tin with
cling film and allow to sit for at least 6 hours (leave overnight for best results).
- Cut into squares and serve cool or slightly warm with ice cream, sorbet, clotted cream or
on its own.
Make It Shabby would like to thank www.goodcakeday.com for this delicious recipe.