Not just for Valentines, these heart garlands can be used as wedding reception decorations, for bridal showers and as decorations in baby’s rooms.
Scrapbook / craft papers
Paper / pencil
Baker’s Twine / Ribbon
- Draw out a heart shape on a piece of paper the size that you want your hearts to be. (About 2”)
- Select the craft papers you wish to use and put 3 layers together with a different design on each.
- Draw round the heart template as many times as you can fit and cut out. (Depending on how long you want your garland to be – make sure you have enough hearts for the length).
- Place your hearts into stack of 3 – with two craft papers facing up and one on the back facing outwards (so you can see the design).
- Thread up your sewing machine and begin to stitch through the first heart, stitch a 2” gap then through the next heart.
- Continue to do this until you have no more hearts left.
- Punch a hole in the top heart and the bottom heart and tie a loop of baker’s twine (or ribbon) through. This will allow you to hang easily.
Thanks to Louise from the Make It Shabby team for this pattern.